Get Automatic SSL Renewals for Free
Currently, the only way to transition from a custom SSL certificate to a Let’s Encrypt certificate is to first delete the custom one, then install Let’s Encrypt.
Replacing SSL Certificates with Let’s Encrypt
You should expect a few minutes of your site not being served via HTTPS during this time, so you may want to schedule it for a period of low traffic. If this is not acceptable, you’ll need to renew and update your current SSL certificate:
- Click the button to delete the current SSL certificate
- Refresh your browser window after a few seconds until it shows the option to install Let’s Encrypt
- Click the “Install a Free Let’s Encrypt Certificate” button
- If you see a notice about domains or subdomains not covered by the certificate (see Limitations), you can acknowledge to proceed or exit to correct any issues.
- Click the “Install” button, and wait about one minute for the process to complete.
Enjoy never having to worry about renewing your SSL certificates again.