MODX Cloud DNS offers standard tools to add domain records for any domain that is pointed at a site in MODX Cloud. You'll first need to add your domain before you can manage a domain's records. Domain records will also not be in effect until you enable MODX Cloud DNS at your registrar.
Supported Record Types
- Currently supported record types include A, AAAA, CAA, CNAME, MX, NS, SRV, and TXT.
- CNAME flattening for the apex record is supported, functioning like an A record.
Adding a Record
After you've added your domain, you can add any of the types of records mentioned above. To add your record:
- From the MODX Cloud Dashboard, click on DNS in the top navigation.
- On the Domains page, locate or use the filter field to find the domain you'd like to add a record for and click on the name or the cog icon at the far right, under Actions.
- Once on the Manage Records page, you'll be able to use the Add Record button to open the add record form.
- Select the type of record and complete the information required for each record type.
- Complete the rest of the required fields.
- We have selected the typical/recommended TTL (time to live) lengths based on record types. You likely will not need to change these.
If you have any questions or require any assistance with creating or managing your records, please let us know.