It is possible to change the version of PHP your Cloud instance between PHP 5.6 and 7.1. As of November 20, 2017, Clouds default to PHP 7.1—typically the very latest release.
Please note: some MODX Extras and other software may not work with the latest version of PHP.
To change the version of PHP your Cloud instance is using:
- Find the Cloud you would like to change the PHP version for in the Clouds list view of the Dashboard.
- Click on the Cloud’s name to open to the Cloud edit view.
- At the top of the Web Server tab you will see the PHP Version section.
- Toggle to switch to enable the PHP version change.
- Click to confirm the change in the confirmation dialog box.
PHP version changes typically take a minute or less to take affect, but allow for up to 5 minutes.