It is possible to change the version of PHP your Cloud instance between PHP 5.6 and 7.1. By default, MODX Cloud instances use PHP 5.6—typically the very latest release.
Please note: some MODX Extras and other software may not work with the latest version of PHP.
To change the version of PHP your Cloud instance is using:
- Find the Cloud you would like to change the PHP version for in the Clouds list view of the Dashboard.
- Click on the Cloud’s name to open to the Cloud edit view.
- At the top of the Web Server tab you will see the PHP Version section.
- Toggle to switch to enable the PHP version change.
- Click to confirm the change in the confirmation dialog box.
PHP version changes typically take a minute or less to take affect, but allow for up to 5 minutes.