Find the list of the Clouds in your account by clicking Clouds from the Dashboard Navigation Bar at the top of the screen or scroll down to view them. The Clouds list view is what you see normally upon logging into MODX Cloud.
There are two types of Clouds. MODX and Flex Clouds. Read more on Flex Clouds.
Cloud Edit View
The Cloud Edit View gives you access to information and tools for managing an individual Cloud.
To edit, manage or view the details of a Cloud, click on the name of the cloud from the Cloud list, or right-click on the cloud name, and click on Edit Cloud from the context menu.
The following image is what you will see upon arriving at the Cloud Edit View. Details of each section and its purpose follow below.
Cloud Overview Panel
The Cloud Overview Panel at the top of the Cloud Edit page contains the following information:
- Your Cloud Name
- The MODX Revolution version of your Cloud
- Buttons to view the site and the MODX Revolution Manager
The first tab below the Overview Panel contains Summary information about this Cloud. The Summary Tab is active upon arriving on the Cloud Edit View. The following details the fields and functions of this area.
- Cloud address and Web Address - these URLs are assigned to the Cloud on creation. The Cloud Address will be using for SFTP and SSH access to the Cloud as well as connecting to the database through an SSH tunnel
- View Site URL and View Manager URL - these URLs control where you go when you click on View Site and View Manager in the Overview Panel and the Cloud grid
- Version - the version your MODX Revolution site is currently running
- Location - the location of your Cloud
- IP address - the IP address you should point your custom domains to
- Created on - the date your Cloud has been created
- MySQL - your Cloud's database connection information
- phpMyAdmin - adds phpMyAdmin to your Cloud
- SSH/SFTP - your Cloud's SSH/SFTP connection information
- Groups - list of groups your Cloud's part of
The second tab contains the domain configuration of your Cloud.
- Custom domains - toggles custom domains on and off
- Domains - list of domains attached to your Cloud
- Subdomains - list of subdomains attached to the domain attached to your Cloud
Web Server Tab
The third tab contains Web Server configuration.
- Web Rules / Rewrites - this section is for NGINX rules for your Cloud
- SSL - this section allows you to add an SSL certificate to your Cloud
- PHP Version - the PHP version of your Cloud
The fourth tab is the Cloud upgrades such as PHP workers, Performance+ and Security+
The fifth tab lists your Backups. From the Backups tab, you can create a new Backup, filter and search through this Cloud's stored Backups. Read more documentation on Backups.
The sixth tab lists your Snapshots. From the Snapshots tab, you can create a new Snapshot, import a Snapshot, and filter and search through your Snapshots for this Cloud. Read more documentation on Snapshots.
Enable Custom Domains
Before adding your own domain to a Cloud you must enable custom domains. To enable custom domains on your Cloud, click the toggle from the right side of the Domains tab.
Add a Domain
To add a Domain to the Cloud:
- Click on add Domain
- Add your domain and click on the add a domain button
Add a Subdomain
To add a Subdomain to a Domain:
- Click on the Domain that you want to add a Subdomain for. The Subdomain grid will refresh.
- Click Create Subdomain.
- Fill in the hostname and TTL (time to live) for your new subdomain.
- Click Create Subdomain to continue, or Cancel.
Your new Subdomain will be added to the grid.
Web Server Tab
Web Rules / Rewrites
This section allows you to add NGINX rules. Read more about NGINX Rules and Rewrites
Select a PHP version for your Cloud
Toggle the Cloud upgrade you wish to enable and go through the checkout
You can select how long you wish to keep the backups of the Cloud and to manage the Backups. Read more on working with backups
This section allows you to manage your snapshots. Read more on Snapshots: Overview
Cloud Action Bar
This section allows you to quickly manage your Cloud. From this sidebar menu, you can do the following as shown in the image below:
- Upgrade MODX
- Reinstall MODX
- Create a Snapshot of your Site
- Backup the Cloud*
- Send the Cloud to another user in MODX Cloud
- Create a MODX admin User
- Reset PHP Pool*
- Delete Cloud Now*
* These are what is displayed on a Flex Cloud. All will be displayed for MODX Clouds.